Sunday, June 15, 2008

Here goes.....

I'm officially blogging.

A few suggested I do this since I'm going to be spending the summer helping with the flood recovery. Writing the emails about what has been going on recently has been therapeutic for me. I know there will be endless updates, stories, and pictures to post, and this seems to be the best way to do it.

Besides that, I feel like God has really gotten ahold of me recently, and it's exciting. Along with flood updates, I may share bits and pieces of what God is teaching me. I know this experience is going to be a summer-long mission trip. And so I say to God - go to it!

Bookmark me, RSS me, whatever. This is a work in progress. Feel free to leave comments!

Below I have posted the original emails I sent out as we were anticipating the levee break if you need to catch up!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thank you for sharing this blog! My family may be there, but I'm not so I'm looking forward to your updates. I am so sorry about your family's farm. This flood is devastating, but SE Iowa is strong and resilient and they will get through this. I'm planning to come down sometime. IF it doesn't flood, I'll be down to help move back in. If it does, then I don't know when, but I'll be down sometime. So, looks like I should see you this summer.