Thursday, September 25, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's 5:58 a.m. and I'm writing a blog post. Ridiculous. But it has to be quick because I need to be at work early. AGAIN.

It's just been one of those crazy weeks. I'm still loving my job, but I've had a mountain of paperwork to do. I have three ARD (admission, review, dismissal) meetings next week. This is where I present a new IEP for a special education student to their parents, along with some school staff. That means I've had three IEPs to write this week, and each takes awhile. When I did it at the elementary level, I could whip one out in no time. However, goal writing is very different at the prekindergarten level, and I have to look at all aspects of the student: preacademics, social skills, self-care, and fine motor skills. On top of that it's my week to turn in my lesson plans to my principal, so I spent a few hours on them to make them perfect.

I did take some time to get a MUCH-needed pedicure last night. Except, I brought my school bag in and worked while they rubbed my feet. Not nearly as enjoyable, but I do have pretty toes now!

Now that the school work is done, I may be able to rest. Oh wait - I have a three hour ESL certification study group after work, a cheesecake to bake, groceries to buy for that cheesecake, people to call, and two events to go to after school tomorrow. And "The Office" premiere is tonight, which is CAN'T MISS. Don't even try to call me between 8:00 and 9:00 tonight. I won't answer. :) Oh, and very exciting.....my friend Joy and I might be booking our fall weekend trip to Washington D.C. today or tomorrow! Can't wait to go!

And through it all, I love it. There's very, very little I would change. Except, perhaps, a couple more hours on my pillow.

See you here this weekend.

No comments: