Monday, July 28, 2008

Shopping, Baseball, and Home!!!



I'm currently sitting in my apartment in Plano and LOVING it. While I enjoyed being in Iowa, I'm happy to be home and settling into my life here. Can't wait to see my friends!

Speaking of friends, I had the most fantastic weekend with Amanda in Kansas City! Amanda is one of my dearest friends in Texas. We met four years ago, within the first month of me moving to Plano. We were in the same singles group at church, and got to know each other better through a Bible study. We've been close friends ever since! She's my football buddy! :) She's a counselor and is counseling kids at a military base in Kansas for the summer. So it was easy to plan a random weekend in Kansas City!

We had a great time....ate lots of good food, saw Mamma Mia (fabulous!!), shopped at two different malls, went to a Royals baseball game, got pedicures, and talked and laughed like crazy! It was absolutely delightful, and the perfect weekend before heading back to Dallas.

After Amanda and I said goodbye, I drove to Joplin, MO where I spent the night and finished the drive today. I did a lot of thinking and praying during that time, trying to decide what I learned over the summer. Several things came to mind. I'm mulling them over and may share in time.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anne Spencer said...

WELCOME HOME, Steph. Looking forward to seeing you :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you made it back safely!

Davita

Anonymous said...

I like Amanda's hair short. It's very cute. Anyway, you use way too many exclamation points. :)