Friday, August 1, 2008

Best TP Job EVER

Back in high school, I was part of the youth group at Oak Street Baptist. On one particular night, we had a youth group event at our house and Dad took us out on the river. When it was over, I thought everyone went home and I went to bed. I was wrong. Very wrong. Unknowingly to me, a group of guys - Chris Day, John Gerdes, Micah Anderson (Chris, I'm not sure who else!) - came back and toilet papered our house. I guess I had smack-talked (me, smack talk?!) about how no one would drive ALL the way to our house to TP it. They got us GOOD. I didn't know a thing until the next morning.

What I found out the next day, though, is that MY DAD, Steve Stoller, gave these guys PERMISSION to toilet paper the entire yard!!!! Unbelievable. On top of that, he and Mom laughed as they watched the guys do it!! My own father was a traitor to me! :) On top of that, he made ME clean it all up, and it started to rain a little the next day. Not fun! That summer we were also having a professional, aerial picture taken of the farm, and Dad was convinced that toilet paper was going to show up. I had to make sure I picked up EVERY little square of TP. As you can see, there was a TON of it to clean up.




















Good job guys! This is one of my favorite memories of the house. You'll always be known as the best TPers! :)

6 comments:

Anne Spencer said...

Steph,
what a memory and thanks for posting the pictures and letting us share in the memory. do you have any pictures of the flamiging? not sure if I spelled it right there...
to my fellow partner in crime...we've got some time to think of the next prank...:)

Christy said...

Great pics Steph! Those were the days! I am wondering, though, where was I??? I don't remember that night at all, the youth outing or anything. Odd.

Anonymous said...

That is a LOT of toilet paper. I cannot imagine how you got all of that out of those trees. What a fun memory. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes...the infamous night of TP-ing. We actually did go home. We were camping out that night because I was leaving for Judson that weekend.

I can't believe how easy it was to get your dad to agree to us doing it. Also I never knew they stayed up and watched us do it. We were there for well over an hour. There were 6 or 7 of us. We even got chased out of there by some crazy neighbors of yours. To this day I still think your dad put them up to it.

connie said...

Interesting!!! That was quite a number your Dad pulled on you. Not hard to believe though, as I can EASILY picture your Dad getting a good laugh out of it. Very Interesting. I'll keep that in mind :-)

Anonymous said...

alright - i posted my side of the story.

you can read it here - http://serialyouthpastor.com/2008/08/02/a-night-i-will-never-forget/