Sunday, July 20, 2008

For Christy! :)

So I have this friend, Christy, who I've known since elementary school. She was on my school bus route and one of my earliest memories of her is that she had this really cool esprit bag and I was determined to have one just like it. I got one for my next birthday! (Christy, I'm not sure you know that! Do you remember that bag?). She was a year ahead of me in school. We were also in the same 4-H group, the Huron Peppy Pals, together. It was in high school that we started becoming good friends, as we had a couple classes together, played sax in band, and were in the same youth group at church. Because she was a bit older, she was the first to get her driver's license. I remember there were several Friday nights that my dad would allow me to (illegally, I might add!) drive to Christy's house and then she and I would hop in her little white Grand Am to go to dinner or to the movies. She went off and did that whole marriage and baby thing after college, and because we lived in different places, I hadn't seen much of her. Thanks to Facebook, we've been able to reconnect and had dinner together a few weeks ago for the first time in YEARS. Yay!

All that to say, the house my parents are moving into is where Christy's grandparents lived. Christy grew up right down the road from the house so she knows what it looks like. Christy doesn't live in the area, so she's been asking me to show her pictures of the house since I've (we've) done some painting. So, Christy, here's a few! It's all the same color - a basic cream. Hope it's ok! :)









Funny story about painting. I've been painting everyday since Monday. Mom was also helping on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. On Thursday, Mom and I were painting one of the bedrooms. I was painting the ceiling using an extension rod. As I was painting, the rod snapped, sending the paint roller down. The end of it hit me squarely on the head. Later that evening, I noticed I had a PERFECT round circle of cream paint on my scalp! That spot is still a little tender... :)

3 comments:

JCC said...

Wow... the pics on Shutterfly of the house are incredible. Amazing that you got to go there before you left... and so unrecognizable in some areas! Glad you got to go. Thanks for posting pics!

Christy said...

Steph!! Thanks for the memories! I had forgotten about some of them and yes I DO remember that bag! We had so much fun, back in the day! The house looks great! Now it just needs some new carpet... You should have your parents talk to their new landlords about that!

connie said...

Steph, looks like you've been a big help to your parents while you are here! In response to one of your commentors, "Hey, Christy .... aren't you full of ideas." Thanks Steph, for all your great pics and updates of the flood. Great job!